Monday, March 9

Weekend Warrior Challenge...

Schatzie here.....
 
 
This past weekend mom was in a FitBit "Weekend Warrior" step challenge with a couple mainland friends. I was extremely excited when mom grab my leash on Saturday afternoon and loaded me in the car. My job...step challenge buddy!!  This was my first big boulder walk since my surgery last November. I was a perfect pup staying right by mom's side as we explored the coast of east Kauai. Our walk lasted about an hour. I was pooped when I got home, but it was a delightful time. Here's some photos.....

This way mom??

Look mom, nobody's on the beach

time to cool off...

down here mom
feels so good...


over here mom, I'm resting by this log

Shake, shake, shake!!

Pick up the pace mom, we wanna win this challenge


Feeling good

looking good...
 
Headed home
 
I'm thirsty and we're both pooped
 
Thanks for taking me boulder hopping mom. I'm going to take a nap now...K

Love, Schatzie


From Val: this was Schatzie's  first big outing since her surgery in November. She does a 2 mile walk every morning and a shorter walk in the evening. This walk was over uneven terrain and some boulder hopping and of course some water exercise.  We took it easy and she did great. Loved having her by my side.

6 comments:

  1. Even the most beautiful hike - and yours was beautiful! - is better with a dog friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this one! Fitbit told mom she was an Ovet Achiever, BOL. We wouldn't mind hanging out on that beach
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so very photogenic... i love the shot of you cooling off in the water and the last one to pooped to pop.... so glad you are out and about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our mom had good intentions but got bogged down. Congrats on having Schatzie for a stepping buddy!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tired dog is a happy dog!

    Good to hear that Schatzie's operation was a complete success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great she's doing so well and is able to go on hikes and have fun again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by...I would love to hear what you think of our adventures, so please feel free to add a comment.